- One of the most phenomenal in terms of flavor and aroma of Argentine yerba mate.
Amanda Hierbas 500g
One of the most phenomenal in terms of flavor and aroma of Argentine yerba mate.
Amanda Compuesta Con Hierbas contains yerba mate 95% and 5% addition of mint, peppermint, boldo, cedron and linden flower.
Here are many health benefits in drinking Mate:
-Contains higher level of antioxidants than green tea.
-Helps in weght control by burning fat and suppressing the appetite.
-Contains several vitamins and minerals important to human health, including vitamins A (as beta-carotene), B1, B2, C and E, as well as phosphorus, iron and calcium.
-Lowers blood pressure and cholesterol level.
-Stimulates body and mind.
Traditional way of preparation of yerba mate requires special cup - gourd, or cup made from special type of wood - palo santo,also requires bombilla - straw for drinking mate (can be made from metal, bamboo).
- Fill the mate gourd to two-thirds full with yerba mate.
- Accomodate the yerba mate on one side of the mate gourd, leaving a hollow area on the other side.
- Add a little cold water into the hollow area you have created. Add just enough water so as to not moisten the very top of the yerba mate.
- Leave the mate gourd tilted for a few minutes until the yerba mate has absorbed the water.
- Cover the mouth of the bombilla with your thumb, and insert the filtered end to the bottom of themate gourd in the hollow area.
- Add hot (150 degrees F) water to the hollow area until it reaches just below the top of the yerba mate, and you have your first prepared drink!
- Sip all the tea from the mate gourd, and add more hot water. Add water, sip, repeat. Got it?
- The first few drinks are strong; the flavor will weaken as more water is added for each drink. Replace the yerba mate as needed.