- This Yerba contains only leafs, so drinking it is really easy with any kind of bombilla. It is produced in Misiones, province of Argentina, has a strong taste and stimulates well. It's a great source of energy.
Amanda Despalada 500g
The origins of the Yerba Mate Amanda goes back to the year 1900. At this time, a colonist family from Poland settled down in Misiones, province of Argentina, and cultivated yerba mate.
The Amanda plantations are one of the oldest in the country, and they are located in the agricultural area “la Cachuera” near the city called Apóstoles (Misiones), popular as the “capital of yerba mate”.
Amanda is a traditional yerba, it is produced with stem and it has soft taste. We recommend this product to the beginners in the art of drinking yerba mate.
Traditional way of preparation of yerba mate requires special cup - gourd, or cup made from special type of wood - palo santo,also requires bombilla - straw for drinking mate (can be made from metal, bamboo).
- Fill the mate gourd to two-thirds full with yerba mate.
- Accomodate the yerba mate on one side of the mate gourd, leaving a hollow area on the other side.
- Add a little cold water into the hollow area you have created. Add just enough water so as to not moisten the very top of the yerba mate.
- Leave the mate gourd tilted for a few minutes until the yerba mate has absorbed the water.
- Cover the mouth of the bombilla with your thumb, and insert the filtered end to the bottom of themate gourd in the hollow area.
- Add hot (150 degrees F) water to the hollow area until it reaches just below the top of the yerba mate, and you have your first prepared drink!
- Sip all the tea from the mate gourd, and add more hot water. Add water, sip, repeat. Got it?
- The first few drinks are strong; the flavor will weaken as more water is added for each drink. Replace the yerba mate as needed
Opinions about Amanda Despalada 500g
in our loyalty program.