- This yerba with stems has a very intense and genuine taste which make of this yerba one o a kind. A classic between the top yerba mate in Argentina. It is very intense and aromatic.
Taragüi Energia 500g
The word Taragüi comes from the Guaraní language and in means Corrientes, the province in northeast Argentina where it is produced. Today it is the leading yerba mate in the Argentinean market. Since 1924 it has been cultivated, harvested and produced by specialists of the Establecimiento Las Marias.
This yerba with stems has a very intense and genuine taste which make of this yerba one o a kind. A classic between the top yerba mate in Argentina. It is very intense and aromatic.
Taragüi-Energia has the special feature that the stems are harvested in summer. Thats why this product obtained 30% more of Mateein. There are no difference from the taste of the classic Taragüi.
Traditional way of preparation of yerba mate requires special cup - gourd, or cup made from special type of wood - palo santo,also requires bombilla - straw for drinking mate (can be made from metal, bamboo).
- Fill the mate gourd to two-thirds full with yerba mate.
- Accomodate the yerba mate on one side of the mate gourd, leaving a hollow area on the other side.
- Add a little cold water into the hollow area you have created. Add just enough water so as to not moisten the very top of the yerba mate.
- Leave the mate gourd tilted for a few minutes until the yerba mate has absorbed the water.
- Cover the mouth of the bombilla with your thumb, and insert the filtered end to the bottom of themate gourd in the hollow area.
- Add hot (150 degrees F) water to the hollow area until it reaches just below the top of the yerba mate, and you have your first prepared drink!
- Sip all the tea from the mate gourd, and add more hot water. Add water, sip, repeat. Got it?
- The first few drinks are strong; the flavor will weaken as more water is added for each drink. Replace the yerba mate as needed.